Synonyms / Related
Definitions of able:
- adjective: (usually followed by `to') having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something
Example: "Able to swim"
- adjective: having inherent physical or mental ability or capacity
Example: "Able to learn"
- adjective: have the skills and qualifications to do things well
Example: "Able teachers"
- adjective: having a strong healthy body
Example: "An able seaman"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #12109)
Search for able at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...