Definitions of abuse:
- noun: a rude expression intended to offend or hurt
Example: "When a student made a stupid mistake he spared them no abuse"
- noun: improper or excessive use
- noun: cruel or inhumane treatment
- verb: use foul or abusive language towards
Example: "The actress abused the policeman who gave her a parking ticket"
- verb: treat badly
Example: "This boss abuses his workers"
- verb: change the inherent purpose or function of something
Example: "Don't abuse the system"
Search for abuse at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse