Definitions of adjust:
- verb: alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard
Example: "Adjust the clock, please"
- verb: make correspondent or conformable
Example: "Adjust your eyes to the darkness"
- verb: decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim
- verb: adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions
Example: "We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
- verb: place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight
Search for adjust at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse