Definitions of affect:
- noun: the conscious subjective aspect of feeling or emotion
- verb: act physically on; have an effect upon
- verb: have an effect upon
Example: "Will the new rules affect me?"
- verb: have an emotional or cognitive impact upon
- verb: connect closely and often incriminatingly
Example: "This new ruling affects your business"
- verb: make believe with the intent to deceive
Search for affect at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse