Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of affinity:
- noun: a natural attraction or feeling of kinship
Example: "An affinity for politics"
- noun: inherent resemblance between persons or things
- noun: the force attracting atoms to each other and binding them together in a molecule
Example: "Basic dyes have an affinity for wool and silk"
- noun: (immunology) the attraction between an antigen and an antibody
- noun: a close connection marked by community of interests or similarity in nature or character
Example: "Found a natural affinity with the immigrants"
- noun: (biology) state of relationship between organisms or groups of organisms resulting in resemblance in structure or structural parts
Example: "In anatomical structure prehistoric man shows close affinity with modern humans"
- noun: kinship by marriage or adoption; not a blood relationship
Search for affinity at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse