Definitions of ahead:
- adverb: at or in the front
Example: "I see the lights of a town ahead"
- adverb: ahead of time; in anticipation
Example: "When you pay ahead (or in advance) you receive a discount"
- adverb: in a forward direction
Example: "Go ahead"
- adverb: leading or ahead in a competition
Example: "The horse was three lengths ahead going into the home stretch"
- adverb: to a different or a more advanced time (meaning advanced either toward the present or toward the future)
Example: "Moved the appointment ahead from Tuesday to Monday"
- adverb: to a more advanced or advantageous position
Example: "A young man sure to get ahead"
- adverb: toward the future; forward in time
Example: "I like to look ahead in imagination to what the future may bring"
Search for ahead at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse