Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of aim:
- noun: the action of directing something at an object
Example: "He took aim and fired"
- noun: the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)
- noun: the direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies
- noun: an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions
Example: "It was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"
- verb: propose or intend
Example: "I aim to arrive at noon"
- verb: direct (a remark) toward an intended goal
Example: "She wanted to aim a pun"
- verb: aim or direct at; as of blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment
Example: "Please don't aim at your little brother!"
- verb: specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
- verb: intend (something) to move towards a certain goal
Example: "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"
- verb: have an ambitious plan or a lofty goal
- verb: move into a desired direction of discourse
Search for aim at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse