Definitions of American:
- noun: a native or inhabitant of a North American or Central American or South American country
- noun: a native or inhabitant of the United States
- noun: the English language as used in the United States
- adjective: of or relating to or characteristic of the continents and islands of the Americas
Example: "The American hemisphere"
- adjective: of or relating to the United States of America or its people or language or culture
Example: "American citizens"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #88555)
Search for American at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse