Definitions of anticipation:
- noun: something expected (as on the basis of a norm)
Example: "Each of them had their own anticipations"
- noun: pleasurable expectation
- noun: some early entity whose type or style anticipates a later one
Example: "There were many anticipations of Darwinian theory"
- noun: wishing with confidence of fulfillment
- noun: the act of predicting (as by reasoning about the future)
Search for anticipation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse