Definitions of antique:
- noun: any piece of furniture or decorative object or the like produced in a former period and valuable because of its beauty or rarity
- noun: an elderly man
- verb: shop for antiques
- verb: give an antique appearance to
Example: "Antique furniture"
- adjective: made in or typical of earlier times and valued for its age
Example: "The beautiful antique French furniture"
- adjective: out of fashion
Example: "A suit of rather antique appearance"
- adjective: belonging to or lasting from times long ago
Example: "The antique fear that days would dwindle away to complete darkness"
Search for antique at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia