Definitions of apart:
- adverb: not taken into account or excluded from consideration
Example: "These problems apart, the country is doing well"
- adverb: into parts or pieces
Example: "He took his father's watch apart"
- adverb: separated or at a distance in place or position or time
Example: "These towns are many miles apart"
- adverb: one from the other
Example: "People can't tell the twins apart"
- adverb: away from another or others
Example: "They grew apart over the years"
- adverb: placed or kept separate and distinct as for a purpose
Example: "Had a feeling of being set apart"
Search for apart at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse