Definitions of appearance:
- noun: the act of appearing in public view
Example: "The rookie made a brief appearance in the first period"
- noun: pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression
Example: "They try to keep up appearances"
- noun: formal attendance (in court or at a hearing) of a party in an action
- noun: outward or visible aspect of a person or thing
- noun: a mental representation
Example: "I tried to describe his appearance to the police"
- noun: the event of coming into sight
Search for appearance at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse