Definitions of apply:
- verb: apply oneself to
Example: "Please apply yourself to your homework"
- verb: be pertinent or relevant or applicable
Example: "The same laws apply to you!"
- verb: ask (for something)
Example: "Apply for a job"
- verb: refer (a word or name) to a person or thing
- verb: give or convey physically
- verb: avail oneself to
Example: "Apply a principle"
- verb: be applicable to; as to an analysis
- verb: apply to a surface
- verb: ensure observance of laws and rules
Example: "Apply the rules to everyone"
- verb: put into service; make work or employ (something) for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
Example: "Apply a magnetic field here"
Search for apply at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse