Definitions of area:
- noun: a part of a structure having some specific characteristic or function
Example: "The spacious cooking area provided plenty of room for servants"
- noun: the extent of a 2-dimensional surface enclosed within a boundary
Example: "The area of a rectangle"
- noun: a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve
- noun: a subject of study
Example: "It was his area of specialization"
- noun: a particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography)
Example: "It was a mountainous area"
- noun: a particular environment or walk of life
Example: "It was a closed area of employment"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #65979)
Search for area at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse