Definitions of arouse:
- verb: call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses)
Example: "Arouse pity"
- verb: stimulate sexually
Example: "This movie usually arouses the male audience"
- verb: to begin moving, "As the thunder started the sleeping children began to stir"
- verb: cause to be alert and energetic
- verb: stop sleeping
- verb: cause to become awake or conscious
- verb: evoke or call forth, with or as if by magic
Search for arouse at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse