Definitions of assault:
- noun: a threatened or attempted physical attack by someone who appears to be able to cause bodily harm if not stopped
- noun: close fighting during the culmination of a military attack
- noun: thoroughbred that won the triple crown in 1946
- noun: the crime of forcing a woman to submit to sexual intercourse against her will
- verb: attack someone physically or emotionally
Example: "The mugger assaulted the woman"
- verb: force (someone) to have sex against their will
- verb: attack in speech or writing
Search for assault at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse