Definitions of assay:
- noun: a quantitative or qualitative test of a substance (especially an ore or a drug) to determine its components; frequently used to test for the presence or concentration of infectious agents or antibodies etc.
- noun: an appraisal of the state of affairs
Example: "They made an assay of the contents"
- noun: a written report of the results of an analysis of the composition of some substance
- noun: a substance that is undergoing an analysis of its components
- verb: analyze (chemical substances)
- verb: make an effort or attempt
Search for assay at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse