Definitions of assign:
- verb: transfer one's right to
- verb: give out or allot
Example: "We were assigned new uniforms"
- verb: select something or someone for a specific purpose
Example: "The teacher assigned him to lead his classmates in the exercise"
- verb: decide as to where something belongs in a scheme
Example: "The biologist assigned the mushroom to the proper class"
- verb: make undue claims to having
- verb: attribute or give
- verb: attribute or credit to
- verb: give an assignment to (a person) to a post, or assign a task to (a person)
Search for assign at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse