Definitions of assist:
- noun: (sports) the act of enabling another player to make a good play
- noun: the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
Example: "He gave me an assist with the housework"
- verb: act as an assistant in a subordinate or supportive function
- verb: give help or assistance; be of service
- verb: work for or be a servant to
Example: "Is a salesperson assisting you?"
Search for assist at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse