Definitions of assure:
- verb: assure somebody of the truth of something with the intention of giving the listener confidence
Example: "I assured him that traveling to Cambodia was safe"
- verb: inform positively and with certainty and confidence
- verb: make a promise or commitment
- verb: cause to feel sure; give reassurance to
Example: "The airline tried to reassure the customers that the planes were safe"
- verb: make certain of
- verb: be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something
Search for assure at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse