Definitions of award:
- noun: a grant made by a law court
Example: "He criticized the awarding of compensation by the court"
- noun: a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction
Example: "An award for bravery"
- noun: something given for victory or superiority in a contest or competition or for winning a lottery
- verb: give, especially as a reward
- verb: give on the basis of merit
- verb: bestow an honor upon
Search for award at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse