Definitions of bare:
- verb: lay bare
Example: "Bare your shoulders"
- verb: make public
- adjective: providing no shelter or sustenance
Example: "Bare rocky hills"
- adjective: denuded of leaves
Example: "The bare branches of winter"
- adjective: lacking a surface finish such as paint
Example: "Bare wood"
- adjective: showing ground without the usual covering of grass
Example: "A carefully swept bare yard around the house"
- adjective: completely unclothed
Example: "Bare bodies"
- adjective: having extraneous everything removed including contents
Example: "The bare walls"
- adjective: without the natural or usual covering
Example: "Bare hills"
- adjective: not having a protective covering
Example: "A bare blade"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6373)
Search for bare at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse