Definitions of bark:
- noun: a sailing ship with 3 (or more) masts
- noun: the sound made by a dog
- noun: a noise resembling the bark of a dog
- noun: tough protective covering of the woody stems and roots of trees and other woody plants
- verb: tan (a skin) with bark tannins
- verb: speak in an unfriendly tone
Example: "She barked into the dictaphone"
- verb: make barking sounds
Example: "The dogs barked at the stranger"
- verb: remove the bark of a tree
- verb: cover with bark
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #15925)
Search for bark at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse