Definitions of basin:
- noun: a bowl-shaped vessel; usually used for holding food or liquids
Example: "She mixed the dough in a large basin"
- noun: a natural depression in the surface of the land often with a lake at the bottom of it
Example: "The basin of the Great Salt Lake"
- noun: the quantity that a basin will hold
Example: "A basinful of water"
- noun: a bathroom or lavatory sink that is permanently installed and connected to a water supply and drainpipe; where you wash your hands and face
Example: "He ran some water in the basin and splashed it on his face"
- noun: the entire geographical area drained by a river and its tributaries
Example: "Flood control in the Missouri basin"
Search for basin at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse