Definitions of battle:
- noun: a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war
Example: "Grant won a decisive victory in the battle of Chickamauga"
- noun: an energetic attempt to achieve something
Example: "He fought a battle for recognition"
- noun: an open clash between two opposing groups (or individuals)
Example: "Police tried to control the battle between the pro- and anti-abortion mobs"
- verb: battle or contend against in or as if in a battle
Example: "They battled over the budget"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 6666 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #801)
Search for battle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse