Definitions of Be:
- noun: a light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element
- verb: spend or use time
Example: "I may be an hour"
- verb: work in a specific place, with a specific subject, or in a specific function
- verb: have the quality of being; (copula, used with an adjective or a predicate noun)
- verb: have life, be alive
- verb: be identical to; be someone or something
- verb: occupy a certain position or area; be somewhere
Example: "What is behind this behavior?"
- verb: to remain unmolested, undisturbed, or uninterrupted -- used only in infinitive form
Example: "Let her be"
- verb: happen, occur, take place
- verb: have an existence, be extant
- verb: be identical or equivalent to
- verb: represent, as of a character on stage
- verb: be priced at
- verb: form or compose
Example: "These constitute my entire belonging"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #65757)
Search for Be at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse