Synonyms / Related
Definitions of beard:
- noun: hairy growth on or near the face of certain mammals
- noun: the hair growing on the lower part of a man's face
- noun: a person who diverts suspicion from someone (especially a woman who accompanies a male homosexual in order to conceal his homosexuality)
- noun: a tuft or growth of hairs or bristles on certain plants such as iris or grasses
- noun: tuft of strong filaments by which e.g. a mussel makes itself fast to a fixed surface
- verb: go along the rim, like a beard around the chin
Example: "Houses bearded the top of the heights"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 5263 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #607)
Search for beard at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...