Definitions of bearing:
- noun: a rotating support placed between moving parts to allow them to move easily
- noun: dignified manner or conduct
- noun: the direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies
- noun: relevant relation or interconnection
Example: "Those issues have no bearing on our situation"
- noun: heraldry consisting of a design or image depicted on a shield
- noun: characteristic way of bearing one's body
- adjective: producing or yielding
Example: "An interest-bearing note"
Search for bearing at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse