Definitions of bet:
- noun: the act of gambling
Example: "He did it on a bet"
- noun: the money risked on a gamble
- verb: maintain with or as if with a bet
Example: "I bet she will be there!"
- verb: stake on the outcome of an issue
Example: "I bet $100 on that new horse"
- verb: have faith or confidence in
Example: "You can bet on that!"
Search for bet at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse