Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of bit:
- noun: the cutting part of a drill; usually pointed and threaded and is replaceable in a brace or bitstock or drill press
Example: "He looked around for the right size bit"
- noun: piece of metal held in horse's mouth by reins and used to control the horse while riding
Example: "The horse was not accustomed to a bit"
- noun: a small fragment of something broken off from the whole
Example: "A bit of rock caught him in the eye"
- noun: a unit of measurement of information (from Binary + digIT); the amount of information in a system having two equiprobable states
Example: "There are 8 bits in a byte"
- noun: a small fragment
- noun: an instance of some kind
Example: "He had a bit of good luck"
- noun: a small amount of solid food; a mouthful
Example: "All they had left was a bit of bread"
- noun: a small quantity
Example: "A bit of paper"
- noun: an indefinitely short time
Example: "In just a bit"
- noun: a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program
Search for bit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse