Definitions of blaze:
- noun: a light-colored marking
Example: "They chipped off bark to mark the trail with blazes"
- noun: a strong flame that burns brightly
Example: "The blaze spread rapidly"
- noun: noisy and unrestrained mischief
Example: "Raising blazes"
- noun: great brightness
Example: "The flowers were a blaze of color"
- noun: a cause of difficulty and suffering
Example: "Go to blazes"
- verb: burn brightly and intensely
Example: "The summer sun alone can cause a pine to blaze"
- verb: shine brightly and intensively
Example: "Meteors blazed across the atmosphere"
- verb: indicate by marking trees with blazes
Example: "Blaze a trail"
- verb: move rapidly and as if blazing
Example: "The spaceship blazed out into space"
- verb: shoot rapidly and repeatedly
Example: "He blazed away at the men"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #17871)
Search for blaze at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse