Definitions of bloom:
- noun: a rosy color (especially in the cheeks) taken as a sign of good health
- noun: the best time of youth
- noun: a powdery deposit on a surface
- noun: reproductive organ of angiosperm plants especially one having showy or colorful parts
- noun: the organic process of bearing flowers
Example: "You will stop all bloom if you let the flowers go to seed"
- noun: the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
- verb: produce or yield flowers
Example: "The cherry tree bloomed"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 11111 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1415)
Search for bloom at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse