Definitions of board:
- noun: a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose
Example: "He nailed boards across the windows"
- noun: a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games
Example: "He got out the board and set up the pieces"
- noun: food or meals in general
Example: "Room and board"
- noun: a committee having supervisory powers
Example: "The board has seven members"
- noun: a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
- noun: a table at which meals are served
Example: "A feast was spread upon the board"
- noun: a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
- noun: a board on which information can be displayed to public view
- noun: electrical device consisting of an insulated panel containing switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices
Example: "Suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
- verb: live and take one's meals at or in
Example: "She rooms in an old boarding house"
- verb: provide food and lodging (for)
Example: "The old lady is boarding three men"
- verb: lodge and take meals (at)
- verb: get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #7227)
Search for board at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse