Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of Bond:
- noun: British secret operative 007 in novels by Ian Fleming
- noun: United States civil rights leader who was elected to the legislature in Georgia but was barred from taking his seat because he opposed the Vietnam War (born 1940)
- noun: a certificate of debt (usually interest-bearing or discounted) that is issued by a government or corporation in order to raise money; the issuer is required to pay a fixed sum annually until maturity and then a fixed sum to repay the principal
- noun: a superior quality of strong durable white writing paper; originally made for printing documents
- noun: a connection that fastens things together
- noun: a restraint that confines or restricts freedom (especially something used to tie down or restrain a prisoner)
- noun: an electrical force linking atoms
- noun: a connection based on kinship or marriage or common interest
Example: "Their friendship constitutes a powerful bond between them"
- noun: (criminal law) money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial
Example: "A $10,000 bond was furnished by an alderman"
- noun: the property of sticking together (as of glue and wood) or the joining of surfaces of different composition
- verb: issue bonds on
- verb: bring together in a common cause or emotion
- verb: stick to firmly
- verb: create social or emotional ties
Example: "The grandparents want to bond with the child"
- adjective: held in slavery
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 4761 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #559)
Search for Bond at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse