Definitions of bone:
- noun: a shade of white the color of bleached bones
- noun: rigid connective tissue that makes up the skeleton of vertebrates
- noun: the porous calcified substance from which bones are made
- verb: remove the bones from
Example: "Bone the turkey before roasting it"
- verb: study intensively, as before an exam
Example: "I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam"
- adjective: consisting of or made up of bone
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 20000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2635)
Search for bone at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse