Definitions of boss:
- noun: a person responsible for hiring workers
Example: "The boss hired three more men for the new job"
- noun: a person who exercises control and makes decisions
Example: "He is his own boss now"
- noun: a circular rounded projection or protuberance
- noun: a leader in a political party who controls votes and dictates appointments
Example: "Party bosses have a reputation for corruption"
- noun: a person who exercises control over workers
- verb: raise in a relief
Example: "Embossed stationary"
- adjective: exceptionally good
Example: "A boss hand at carpentry"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3714)
Search for boss at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse