Definitions of bourgeois:
- noun: a member of the middle class
- noun: a capitalist who engages in industrial commercial enterprise
- adjective: belonging to the middle class
- adjective: conforming to the standards and conventions of the middle class
Example: "A bourgeois mentality"
- adjective: (according to Marxist thought) being of the property-owning class and exploitive of the working class
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 16666 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1989)
Search for bourgeois at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse