Synonyms / Related
Definitions of brain:
- noun: that part of the central nervous system that includes all the higher nervous centers; enclosed within the skull; continuous with the spinal cord
- noun: mental ability
Example: "He's got plenty of brains but no common sense"
- noun: the brain of certain animals used as meat
- noun: that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason
- noun: someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality
- verb: kill by smashing someone's skull
- verb: hit on the head
- name: A male given name (rare: 1 in 7692 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #602)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #18792)
Search for brain at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...