Definitions of breath:
- noun: the process of taking in and expelling air during breathing
Example: "He took a deep breath and dived into the pool"
- noun: a slight movement of the air
Example: "There wasn't a breath of air in the room"
- noun: the air that is inhaled and exhaled in respiration
Example: "His sour breath offended her"
- noun: a short respite
- noun: an indirect suggestion
Example: "Not a breath of scandal ever touched her"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #74664)
Search for breath at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse