Definitions of brood:
- noun: the young of an animal cared for at one time
- verb: hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing
Example: "The terrible vision brooded over her all day long"
- verb: sit on (eggs)
Example: "Birds brood"
- verb: think moodily or anxiously about something
- verb: be in a huff; be silent or sullen
- verb: be in a huff and display one's displeasure
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #52664)
Search for brood at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse