Definitions of brown:
- noun: an orange of low brightness and saturation
- noun: abolitionist who was hanged after leading an unsuccessful raid at Harper's Ferry, Virginia (1800-1858)
- noun: Scottish botanist who first observed the movement of small particles in fluids now known a Brownian motion (1773-1858)
- noun: a university in Rhode Island
- verb: fry in a pan until it changes color
Example: "Brown the meat in the pan"
- adjective: of a color similar to that of wood or earth
- name: A surname (very common: 1 in 161 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5)
Search for brown at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...