Definitions of bud:
- noun: a partially opened flower
- noun: a swelling on a plant stem consisting of overlapping immature leaves or petals
- verb: start to grow or develop
Example: "A budding friendship"
- verb: develop buds
Example: "The hibiscus is budding!"
- name: A male given name (rare: 1 in 20000 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #951)
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #74547)
Search for bud at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse