Definitions of bug:
- noun: general term for any insect or similar creeping or crawling invertebrate
- noun: a small hidden microphone; for listening secretly
- noun: a fault or defect in a system or machine
- noun: a minute life form (especially a disease-causing bacterium); the term is not in technical use
- noun: insects with sucking mouthparts and forewings thickened and leathery at the base; usually show incomplete metamorphosis
- verb: tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information
Example: "Is this hotel room bugged?"
- verb: annoy persistently
Search for bug at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse