Definitions of bus:
- noun: a vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport
Example: "He always rode the bus to work"
- noun: a car that is old and unreliable
Example: "The fenders had fallen off that old bus"
- noun: an electrical conductor that makes a common connection between several circuits
Example: "The busbar in this computer can transmit data either way between any two components of the system"
- noun: the topology of a network whose components are connected by a busbar
- verb: remove used dishes from the table in restaurants
- verb: ride in a bus
- verb: send or move around by bus
Example: "The children were bussed to school"
Search for bus at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse