Synonyms / Related
Definitions of callus:
- noun: (botany) an isolated thickening of tissue, especially a stiff protuberance on the lip of an orchid
- noun: bony tissue formed during the healing of a fractured bone
- noun: an area of skin that is thick or hard from continual pressure or friction (as the sole of the foot)
- verb: form a callus or calluses
Example: "His foot callused"
- verb: cause a callus to form on
Example: "The long march had callused his feet"
Search for callus at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...