Definitions of calm:
- noun: steadiness of mind under stress
- verb: become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation
- verb: make calm or still
- verb: cause to be calm or quiet as by administering a sedative to
- verb: make steady
- adjective: characterized by absence of emotional agitation
Example: "Calm acceptance of the inevitable"
- adjective: marked by freedom from agitation or excitement
Example: "The rioters gradually became calm and slowly dispersed"
- adjective: (of weather) free from storm or wind
Example: "Calm seas"
- adjective: not agitated; without losing self-possession
Example: "Spoke in a calm voice"
Search for calm at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse