Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of canal:
- noun: long and narrow strip of water made for boats or for irrigation
- noun: (astronomy) an indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels; they are now believed to be an optical illusion
- noun: a bodily passage or tube lined with epithelial cells and conveying a secretion or other substance
Example: "The alimentary canal"
- verb: provide (a city) with a canal
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #34105)
Search for canal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...