Definitions of canvas:
- noun: heavy closely woven fabric (used for clothing or chairs or sails or tents)
- noun: the mat that forms the floor of the ring in which boxers or professional wrestlers compete
Example: "The boxer picked himself up off the canvas"
- noun: an oil painting on canvas
- noun: the setting for a narrative or fictional or dramatic account
Example: "The crowded canvas of history"
- noun: a tent made of canvas
- noun: a large piece of fabric (as canvas) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
- verb: cover with canvas
Example: "She canvassed the walls of her living room so as to conceal the ugly cracks"
- verb: solicit votes from potential voters in an electoral campaign
- verb: get the opinions (of people) by asking specific questions
- verb: consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
Search for canvas at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse