Definitions of care:
- noun: activity involved in maintaining something in good working order
Example: "He wrote the manual on car care"
- noun: the work of caring for or attending to someone or something
Example: "No medical care was required"
- noun: attention and management implying responsibility for safety
Example: "He is in the care of a bodyguard"
- noun: a cause for feeling concern
Example: "His major care was the illness of his wife"
- noun: an anxious feeling
Example: "Care had aged him"
- noun: judiciousness in avoiding harm or danger
Example: "He handled the vase with care"
- verb: provide care for
- verb: feel concern or interest
Example: "I really care about my work"
- verb: be concerned with
- verb: prefer or wish to do something
Example: "Do you care to try this dish?"
- verb: be in charge of, act on, or dispose of
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #52546)
Search for care at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse