Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of carrier:
- noun: a rack attached to a vehicle; for carrying luggage or skis or the like
- noun: a self-propelled wheeled vehicle designed specifically to carry something
Example: "Refrigerated carriers have revolutionized the grocery business"
- noun: a person or firm in the business of transporting people or goods or messages
- noun: a person who has some pathogen to which he is immune but who can pass it on to others
- noun: a boy who delivers newspapers
- noun: someone whose employment involves carrying something
Example: "The bonds were transmitted by carrier"
- noun: an inactive substance that is a vehicle for a radioactive tracer of the same substance and that assists in its recovery after some chemical reaction
- noun: a large warship that carries planes and has a long flat deck for take-offs and landings
- noun: a radio wave that can be modulated in order to transmit a signal
- noun: a man who delivers the mail
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 16666 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1952)
Search for carrier at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse